Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer Daisies

When I'm feeling smart and witty again, I'll tell you about my Potential Life of Crime as a pregnant woman. In the meantime, I'll show you what I've just finished:


This started off as a round-ish blanket because I didn't want the bother of designing a half-hexagon to straighten out the edges:


Sadly, my OCD tendencies just could not cope with the chaos and a solution had to be found, even though I was reassured that round-ish blankets are also quite fetching and have their place in home décor.
But ...
I - just - could - not - deal - with - it

Already someone has suggested that this pattern would make a nice Christmas afghan, with red flowers (poinsettas) and a dark green background. Hmmm!

Now all I have to do is write up the pattern, take the photos, get my testers on their starting blocks and then I can finally offer it for sale - maybe even before the Gingerbread Cookie makes his appearance.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great Mrs. Gingerbread lady! The colours are lovely, and I love the shape. Get ready to lose those OCD tendencies when the cookie arrives!!! ;0) xxx

Karen said...

very pretty - would love to sign up to test this one!

Can't wait to see how you deal with the OCD tendencies after the crumb arrives - probably better than I have!

Blessings
Karen

nursenikkiknits said...

Gorgeous afghan! I hope you take a little time for yourself to relax before that cookie comes out of the oven!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Oh that came out great!!!!

Bel said...

Oohh Gorgeous!

Paula said...

Simply beautiful.

Liz said...

Lovely blanket. Hang in there. Not long now, is gets pretty boring, just being a big swirling melon like thing....

linda said...

Beautiful blanket, lovely colours :)

Ann said...

Lovely blanket.

Paul & Carla said...

I do have the worst trouble reading your letters which prove I am not a robot. Anyway, your blanket is lovely.

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Thank you all very much for your comments! The pattern is nearly done, I'm just waiting for a bright day to take some photos.

@ Carla: I have dreadful trouble reading those anti-spam filter words as well. I have a feeling that someone in Silicon Valley is having a laugh at our expense ...

3Beans said...

where can we get this pattern? is it available yet?

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Tricia - you're the one who finally prompted me to PUBLISH this pattern! It's for sale on this site (see the 'Patterns for Sale' link on the right-hand side.) It has been tested - three times - but nonetheless, please let me know if you find any oddities or nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Would you give up your symptoms commonly referred to as OCD if it meant you would lose your creativity?

I love daisies - part of my favorite poem!! "... if I had to live my life over, I would pick more daisies."

MY symptoms commonly referred to as ADD and OCD are amazing gifts to me. Drive other people nuts but, oh well.